Tuesday, October 20, 2009

PRAYER FOR ALCOHOLISM






Dear Elena,

Since you write your Prayers of Hope, would you please write one for my friend, on "Alcoholism?"

She read the one you did on smoking and liked it.  Your considerations are appreciated.  

Your sis, and friend in Christ,

Shirley Kippes

Response from Elena: 

Dear Shirley,
Here is a Prayer of Hope, that
I wrote.  You can send it to your friend to look this link up. Also have your friend, look up the scriptures and pray them. Making the prayer personable, by the word of God.  And by seeing, that these scriptures warn us about drinking excessively.  The last scripture, talks about healing, and how Gods word will do that. Have your friend, meditate on them.  I pray, they bring conviction to turn away from anything that is destructive to our relationship with God, and to our bodies and others.  Because drinking can affect others, we all have seen how drunk drivers have taken lives.  God forbid.  I pray, this prayer will help someone.  I did sense the anointing of this prayer.  To all others, feel free to share this link with someone you might know, who is struggling with alcoholism.  God bless you.  Tell me if it works for a testimony to God. 
Elena 

Father, in the name of Jesus, humble before you, I seek your guidance, and healing.  I ask that you take the desire, of drinking and alcoholism away from me.  Take the chains, the bondage of having this substance control me.  I know my body, is the temple of you, the living God.  I want your spirit, of guidance, and love, within me. I do not want to hurt anyone, and myself, by this problem I have of drinking.  I ask for healing, and restoration, to be the person, I should be in Christ.  Living a clean life, in body and spirit, that is a life, that brings honor and glory to you.  I do not want to be ashamed, of this, and your word says, you will heal me.  So, I do repent, and I do ask for forgiveness, and I do ask for my life to be changed, and renewed.  I believe, because you are healing me of this addiction of alcoholism, I will be a person, who can say, "Look what the Lord has done for me." I ask this in faith, believing, my withdrawals will not affect me, because by your power, I am healed, and restored.  I thank you, in Jesus name, that I will be a testimony to your glory.  Amen 


Deuteronomy 21:20   (Read all of Deuteronomy 21)
And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious,  he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.  

I Samuel 1:14 
And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.

Job 12:25
They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.

Psalm 107:27
They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end.

Proverbs 23:21
For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.

Luke 21:34
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.


Ecclesiastes 10:17
Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!


Isaiah 19:14
The Lord hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.

Lamentations 3:15
He hath filled me with bitterness, he hath made me drunken with wormwood.

Obadiah 1:16
For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.

Ezekiel 23;33
Thou shalt be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, 
with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of thy sister Samaria.

Psalm 107:20
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.









No comments:

Post a Comment